The Lenawee 9.12 Forum was established in September, 2009, by eight people who were motivated by a deep desire to do something about the disastrous direction in which our Nation was moving. Since then we have met monthly with 40-75 like-minded neighbors to learn about candidates and issues, to encourage each other to take appropriate action, and to work toward recovering our Nation as we traditionally have known it. See our Home page for our statements of principles and purpose.
Recognizing that our greatest influence lies at the local and state levels, we focused our attentions on the 2010 mid-term congressional, state, and local elections through the activities outlined below.
· Hosted a public showing of the documentary “Not Evil, Just Wrong” which refutes global warming.
· In the 2010 election cycle, we hosted debates between primary candidates for: - state representative - U. S House of Representatives, which included 3 candidates and drew an audience of 300 people
· We also presented 7 candidates for a single county circuit judge position, which attracted 158 attendees.
· We campaigned door-to-door throughout the county for constitutionally conservative candidates in the August election.
· We increased the number of precinct delegates in the county GOP from 34 to 93.
· We have hosted speakers on: - Education - Illegal immigration - Islam -Right-to-work - Responsibilities of local school boards - What to consider when selecting a judicial candidate - Ensuring election integrity
· Organized and hosted a tax day rally, and a rally to support our recently-elected representatives against recall effort.
· Organized a “watch dog” program to monitor issues and officials and share information with Forum participants.
· Produce a weekly newsletter containing upcoming Forum activities as well as announcing officials’ constituent meetings, and pointing readers to a variety of news articles and commentaries on issues of common interest.
· In the 2012 election cycle, we have: - Hosted 5 senatorial candidates - Encouraged and provided opportunities for Forum participants to sign up to become precinct delegates - Hosted a public showing of the film “Agenda: Grinding America Down” which documents how the U.S. got into its present situation.