1. Do adequate research. If you are writing about a candidate, review his web site, or call and interview him prior to writing. You need to be informed so you can inform others.
2. Write your best letter. Letters to the “Daily Telegram” may be no more than 400 words; and an author can be published only once every 60 days. If you submit to other newspapers, be sure to check their word limit requirements and restrictions on frequency of publishing a single author. If your letter exceeds the word limit, request that it be printed as a “guest commentary.” All letters must be signed and include your address and telephone number for verification purposes.
3. If you want help with proof-reading or organizing your ideas, submit your letter to L912F@yahoo.com and state the type of assistance you need and how best to contact you.
4. Be sure to include your name and city or township at the bottom of your letter.
5. Letters may be mailed or e-mailed to the newspapers below:
For those who live in Blissfield, Riga, Ogden, Palmyra, Deerfield, Ottawa Lake, or Britton, you may also send your letters to: Editor, Blissfield Advance, 121 Newspaper St., Blissfield, MI 48104 email@example.com
Editor, The Brooklyn Exponent, 160 S. Main St, Brooklyn MI 49230 Phone: (517) 592-2122 Fax: (517) 592-3241 firstname.lastname@example.org